Public Schools & Charter Schools
Public Schools And Charter Schools
COTI works with public, private and public charter schools as well as other organizations providing services to children. COTI can provide:
- All the occupational therapy services for the entire district
- Services to supplement your current staff
- Extended School Year services
- Short term coverage
- Services for children attending home or virtual schools
COTI partners with school personnel to provide integrated services according to the programmatic needs of the school:
- Evaluation of each student’s abilities through a variety of functional, behavioral, and standardized assessments; skilled observation; checklists; histories and interviews; and collaboration with the interdisciplinary school team on the ETR and IEP.
- Individual therapy provided in the classroom environment or in a separate area based on the needs of the student.
- Small groups so students can practice skills in context with peers and are challenged to work collaboratively with peers.
- Response to intervention assistance can be given on an individual and/or school-wide level based on needs of the school and staff.
- Inservice training to share OT principles with staff to incorporate these concepts into the classroom schedule.
- After school groups that provide additional opportunities for learning by targeting specific skills to enhance occupational performance.
- Extended school year services can be provided as determined necessary by your district’s ESY program.
- Modifications to a student’s environment, activities, or assignments are necessary in order to increase participation.
- Second opinion evaluations offer an unbiased second opinion from an independent source in the evaluation of a student.
- Transition services to facilitate independence in life skills and/or employment as part of the interdisciplinary team.